GLOBAL TALENT VISA-UK
Tech Nation’s criteria are designed for applicants with technical and business skills in the digital technology sector. Suitable skill types are listed below.
This list is not complete and provides an indication of the typical applicants assessed by Tech Nation.
- Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, and Machine Learning experts (AI, NLP, ML)
- CTO or VP engineering experience managing teams of in-house employees at a growing digital business
- Cybersecurity experts
- DevOps / SysOps engineers
- Experienced back-end developers leading the development of or contributing heavily to major new technologies or open-source projects (for example, blockchain, Scala, Golang, Elasticsearch and so on)
- Experienced data scientists/data engineers
- Experienced front-end developers
- Experienced Mobile App Developers
- Experienced UX/UI designers
- Experienced video game developers
- Hardware engineers
- Operating systems engineers
- Principal software engineers/developers
- Virtual and augmented reality developers
- Experience as a commercial/business lead (P&L, growth, sales, and distribution strategy) in a digital business
- Experience as C Suite in a SMEs + (CEO, CMO, CIO) or head of operations for a digital business
- Experienced and senior VC or PE analysts with track records of leading investments in digital businesses
- Experience in expanding or growing a significant product-led digital technology business
- Experience in leading substantial VC investments over £25m GBP
- Experienced Product Manager
- Performance marketing experts performed in-house for digital businesses
- SaaS or enterprise sales leadership for digital services
- Sector-specific experience, for example, payment infrastructure in FinTech / international expansion in EdTech and so on.
- Solution sales experts
- Solution sales skills performed for a growing B2B digital business (i.e. not big-company experience)
The following specialisms are not considered suitable:
- Corporate roles or experience in managing large corporate teams
- Junior investors/analysts. Such specialisms must be supported by an investment track record made at a senior level and are not suitable for Exceptional Promise
- Service Delivery, Process Delivery, Outsourcing, Consultancy (technical or management), ERP Consultancy, Systems Admin, and all related fields
Business skills apply to in-house work within product-led digital technology companies, not tech-enabled or service companies such as agencies, outsourcers, marketing firms, and so on.
Visa Fee: £623
If you’re applying based on an endorsement, you’ll pay the £623 in two parts:
- £456 when you apply for the endorsement
- £167 when you apply for the visa itself
If you’re applying based on an eligible award, you’ll pay the full £623 when you apply for the visa.
If you’re including your partner or children in your application, they’ll each need to pay £623.
Healthcare surcharge: £624 per year
Visa Duration: 5 Years-Leading to ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain). After 12 months in ILR, can apply for citizenship.